(from the New London Day)
Potvin tournament (U17)
• Reid Roberge and Mike Babcock combined to pitch a no-hitter, leading America's Game National past Northeast Corner, 5-3, Tuesday in a Potvin Tournament 17-under division winners' bracket baseball game. Roberge and Babcock struck out six and walked nine. Steve Lockman was 2-for-2 with a double and Pat Loftus had two RBI for America's Game. Gage Griffin pitched six solid innings for Northeast Corner.
• Team Chaos finished with 12 hits in a 12-8 win over New London in the winners' bracket semifinal. Nick Carlson went 3-for-3 with a double and four RBI while Casanova Crespo had two doubles and Dakwan Alger and Tyler Contillo also had two hits. Matty Green and Tom Gavitt had two hits apiece and Juan Cruz had a three-run home run for New London.
• Andrew Arnold's strong relief pitching helped the BTL Tides beat Columbo's Moosup 8-5 in a losers' bracket game. Arnold got out of a jam in the sixth inning and gave up one hit in the seventh to earn a save. Tyler Miner singled and doubled for the Tides and Nik Ververis singled, doubled and homered for Columbo's.
Potvin tournament (U15)
• In the losers' bracket, BTL Tides beat Mystic Babe Ruth, 12-2. C.J. Caprio had two hits and scored two runs while Vinny Neri added two hits and winning pitcher Jason Edwards allowed four hits and struck out six in four innings. Jordan Kowalski had two hits and scored two runs for Mystic.
• Tim Cutler tripled and scored the game-winning run on an error in the 10th inning, leading the Connecticut Cougars to an 8-7 win over America's Game in the losers' bracket. Cutler finished 3-for-5 with an RBI and Ben Rumrill had a single and two RBI and Dan Murphy was the winning pitcher. Marvin Monney and Jake Provost each had two hits for America's Game.
Potvin tournament (U13)
• Kyle Waters had two hits and Jesse Coates had two RBI, lifting Waterford past the Connecticut Cougars, 8-3, in a losers' bracket game. Tom Pezzolesi scored three runs for Waterford. Tom Jernstrom had an RBI single for the Cougars.
• Andrew Gnazzo and Tyler Luciani combined to pitch the Connecticut Tides past Salem, 5-3, in a losers' bracket game. Tyler Waitt had two hits for the Tides.