- Babe Ruth Rules will apply for the 13-Under and 15-Under age groups unless stated otherwise. (see Item 18)
- Tournament games shall consist of seven innings (please expedite your players on and off the field).
- Any games halted after 5 innings are completed (4 1/2 if the home team is ahead) is a regulation game. Any tournament game, which becomes a regulation game is an official game, and if called because of weather or darkness, will not be continued. Any game halted before it becomes a regulation game will be continued from the point of discontinuance at a time and location determined by the Tournament Director. This includes tie games.
- A tie game, which is halted by darkness, will be continued from the point of discontinuance. You could be asked to play tie game prior to next schedule game.
- Tournament does not have any restrictions or limitations on use of pitchers. We strongly urge that extreme care be used so that an individual player is not overextended (i.e., protect the players arm). We recommend that the teams adhere to their own league rules, which regulate the use of pitchers in tournament play.
- Trips to the Mound – The second trip in the same inning to the same pitcher shall cause this pitchers automatic removal from the game as a pitcher only. Further participation by the pitcher will be determined by Babe Ruth Rules
- Unless tied, games will be limited to 3 hours if there is a game to follow (no inning will start)
- Cut-off dates will always be the latest allowed by “any” league of that age group.
- We are on the honor system in this tournament. If opposing team questions a players eligibility, that team must produce a birth certificate before the next game. If no official scorer is present, notify head ump that you question a certain players age and he will notify the Tournament Director.
- The “Winning Team” MUST call the game into the local newspapers (The Day 701-4450; The Bulletin 889-5550; Courant: 860-241-6443). Line scores and notable occurrences. Please call ASAP after the game, as this is a must to continue to promote the tournament and the Fund.
- Coin toss for home team. Team coming out of losers bracket for championship game will be “Visitor”.
- Please designate one player each inning to help “chase” foul balls behind your dugout.
- If at any point in the tournament I feel we are getting too backed up due to inclement weather, I reserve the right to switch to Single Elimination, with possible 2 out of 3 final.
- Please go to www.ChrisPotvinFund.com for all tournament information. If you do not have access to the internet, call Bill Buscetto at 860-514-5144.
- A trophy will be given to the first and second place teams. Also, outstanding player from the championship games.
- All teams have to be in uniform to the best of their ability, same shirt/hats.
- Ten Run Rule will be in effect (after 4 1/2 innings).
- Any deviation from Rules (for speed-up, etc.) will have to be agreed to by both Managers and Head Ump. (as noted prior).
- Please have Rosters sent (E-Mail / Faxed) or given to me after the 3rd game (DOB, Phone # & Address). List all players who have played or might play prior to Championship Games, not forgetting that you cannot add players after Game 3; phone number if age questioned and address for literature and mementos to be sent to players/coaches.
- Under no circumstances can a player who has played in a game in one age bracket switch over to another team after his team has been eliminated (or prior to elimination).
- If no Site Director is present at a game, the Umpires will serve as that game Site Directors and will have the authority to make all final decisions. No Protests.
- I receive 15 dozen baseballs from The Diamond Company thanks to a local contact David Nilsson and Connecticut Sporting Goods of East Lyme. Please be prepared to supply new baseballs (Each team supply 3 balls) to start a game and I will replace the baseballs you used as soon as I see you. The first couple days of the Tournament is where we might need your assistance, as I have many going at once.
- If no Tournament Director is present, the Home Team Head Coach will ask someone (player/fan) to pass the hat in the 4th or 5th inning. This is important as an average of $20 per game gives us an additional scholarship.
Good luck to all teams!
As Christopher’s Dad, I want to thank everyone who helps make this
Tournament the success it has been over the last 27 years.
THIS IS A MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR THE CHRIS POTVIN SCHOLARSHIP FUND. OUR MEMORIES OF CHRIS, AND HIS LOVE AND DEDICATION FOR THE GAME, ARE VERY SPECIAL AND HAVE CONTINUALLY ENFORCED OUR COMMITMENT TO PROMOTE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. ANY EJECTION BY THE OFFICIALS WILL RESULT IN THE EJECTION OF THAT PLAYER FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT. PLEASE INSTRUCT YOUR PLAYERS TO THE REASON FOR THIS POLICY.
(One can appeal to the Tournament Committee).
Rules For 17 and 19U
- Double Elimination
- Players should be ready to supply proof (ID) of age at all games, age limits can’t be exceeded in calendar year.
- DH (optional) to be used only for the pitcher, 9 man batting order.
- HS re-entry rule will be used, only a starter may re-enter the game (once) and only in the same spot in the batting order. Subs may not re-enter the game after being replaced.
- NCAA Slide rule will be used
- Pitchers will be restricted to no more then 30 outs every 3 days, like HS Federation rule.
- Wood bats or wood composites will be the only bats allowed.
- High School Federation Rules will apply unless otherwise agreed upon or not stated.
General rules for all divisions
- Entry fees for all divisions is $450.00 per team.
- Umpires make all final rulings on the field, no protests.
- Each team be prepared to provide 3 game balls for each contest.
- Teams advancing past game two (2) must provide a hard copy roster to tournament director/coordinator prior to the start of game three (3).
- Players may participate on only one team during the tournament.
- Seven (7) inning games, games are official after (4 1/2 innings if the home team is winning) if a winner can be determined.
- Line ups should be available 10 minutes prior to start of game.
- Games will start on time, no grace time allowed. Teams unable to start with Nine (9) at official game time will forfeit.
- Teams must start and finish with nine (9) players on the field.
- Home team by flip of a coin. In Championship game, the undefeated team will be the home team. (if Necessary) home team is determined by coin flip.